Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4992 Discussions

Issues With V-Tune not resolving source properly.

vetroxl
Beginner
Hi,
Intel v-tune cannot seem to resolve the function source code.
I get something like this;
fucntion_hot_spot() xxxx ms
but it does not expand on this.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
I guess that you want to know hot line(s) in DVQuantizer::encodeBlock()
BecauseDVQuantizer::encodeBlock is called in deep loop, it might be compiled by inlined function if you specified optmization options. It means CPU time ofDVQuantizer::encodeBlock wat counted in functionDVQuantizer::encode().
If you use Intel C++ compiler, please read this article to solve this problem.
Otherwise, you can use assembly view, to find associated (hot) instructions inDVQuantizer::encodeBlock
Thanks, Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
I can't see your screen shot and I suppose that you have to check - if you built your binary with symbol info.

Secondary, if you already have symbol info - regarding that you said "function_hot_spots() xxx ms" - probably you haveset your source search directories in project properties (ifsource file is located at different directory of binary), and do Re-resolving on existing result.

Good luck.

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos
vetroxl
Beginner
Hi,
I have made sure that the /Zi and /DEBUG are specified. It does not matter what analysis I use, always the same result.
Here is a shot
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
I guess that you want to know hot line(s) in DVQuantizer::encodeBlock()
BecauseDVQuantizer::encodeBlock is called in deep loop, it might be compiled by inlined function if you specified optmization options. It means CPU time ofDVQuantizer::encodeBlock wat counted in functionDVQuantizer::encode().
If you use Intel C++ compiler, please read this article to solve this problem.
Otherwise, you can use assembly view, to find associated (hot) instructions inDVQuantizer::encodeBlock
Thanks, Peter
0 Kudos
vetroxl
Beginner
Thanks, following that article resolved my issues.
0 Kudos