Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

Looking for right Vtune lunix version for RHEL 5.4

prem_k_
Beginner

Currently some our server are  running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga).

can someone please  let  which  vtune  version support RHEL 5.4 . how to  download  it  

0 Kudos
8 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Referring to https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/d8/4a/release_notes_amplifier_linux.pdf

you will see that rh 5.4 was supported thru xe2016.

I'm not certain when support for 32-bit rh5 was dropped.

As with the instructions for downloading older compilers, registrationcenter.intel.com will allow downloading of any versions of Intel software tools for which you have a license.  A license works with all versions issued before expiration of the license.

0 Kudos
prem_k_
Beginner

downloaded  the 2017 version . getting  below  failure 

Step 6 of 7 | Installation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Each component will be installed individually. If you cancel the installation,
some components might remain on your system. This installation may take several
minutes, depending on your system and the options you selected.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installing Command line interface component... failed
Failed to install component
intel-vtune-amplifier-xe-2017-cli-17.2-499904.i486.rpm
a. Abort
i. Ignore
Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice :

0 Kudos
prem_k_
Beginner

upload the error file for more context 

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Vtune 2017 has dropped support of 32bit os as well as rh 5.

0 Kudos
prem_k_
Beginner

Deployed 2013  now  . now   held at the error below . let know how we can overcome this 

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

You and I both would need to reread those docs.  Evidently, it has been some years since I tried this, and not on a 32-bit system, so I'm not much further ahead than you, but I remember them as reasonably self-explanatory.  If your running kernel didn't match one provided with the installer, it's quite likely you need to simply run the build and install scripts.  If you run as superuser, you don't need to set up the groups, but obviously that's not a long term solution.

0 Kudos
prem_k_
Beginner

i attempted to  build and deploy the driver .  getting ERROR: UNSUPPORTED platform

ppitchaimuthu@stage2lp72 tools]$

[ppitchaimuthu@stage2lp72 tools]$ sudo -s
[root@stage2lp72 tools]# ./insmod-sep3
ls: ./sep3_10-x32_64-*2.6.18*.ko: No such file or directory
Could not update the driver. Please make sure update_sep_version.pl is in the . directory

Warning: sep3_10 driver "sep3_10-x32_64-2.6.18-348.4.1.el5smp.ko"
was not found in directory "." !

This means you may need to build sep3_10 driver from the provided
driver sources.  Please see the driver README for instructions.

[root@stage2lp72 tools]# ./integ_machine_check.sh
ERROR: UNSUPPORTED platform
[root@stage2lp72 tools]# uname -a
Linux stage2lp72 2.6.18-348.4.1.el5 #1 SMP Fri Mar 22 05:41:51 EDT 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[root@stage2lp72 tools]#

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Can you follow the instruction to use the README for instructions on building a driver?

0 Kudos