Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

MVS 2019 vtune Fortran console app

Dave_K_
Beginner

I am trying to use vtune to profile a Fortran console app using Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019.  Apparently hotspot analysis (only memory) is supported from the API Gui.  In trying to use the vtune profiler directly it will not run my app because it can't find associated DLLs becuase the compiler update environment is not established.  I can open a compiler environment window and run my app using amplex-cl to gather the data - but how do I establish the enviroment when invoked from the Intel Vtune AMplifier GUI?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Dave,

Thanks for reaching out to us.Could you please share the below details with us so that we can analyze the issue in detail.

1. The type of Fortran compiler and it's version you are using to compile your application.
  2. Give more information about your application.
  3. More details about the platform and Vtune version you are using.
  4. The commands/steps used to compile and profile the application.

[Note: Please share screenshots, if possible]

0 Kudos
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Dave,

Could you please let us know if your issue still persists. If it's not resolved, please share the requested details so that we will be able to investigate more on the issue you are using.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Dave,

We are closing the case by assuming that your issue got resolved.Please feel free to raise a new thread if you have any further issues.

0 Kudos