Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4992 Discussions

Microarchitecture not supported Windows 10 / I7-7700HQ

Flavio_B_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to use the advanced hotspots analysis but it says that's not applicable to the current microarchitecture. The initial error was the missing driver, but I've fixed it using the help instructions.

My computer is a Dell XPS 15 (2017) with I7-7700HQ and Windows 10. Is this expected?

Thank you,

Flavio

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ekaterina_L_Intel

Hello Flavio,

Can you please say what is VTune Amplifier build you are using?

Also if you can specify exact CPUID of your system - that would be also helpfull to comment on support status by Advanced Hotspots analysis in particular VTune Amplifier build.

Regards, Katya

0 Kudos
Flavio_B_
Beginner

Hi Ekaterina,

I'm using the 2017 version Update 1 (build 486011). I'm not sure how I could see the CPUID on windows, this is the processor information from the system info:

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Thank you,

Flavio

0 Kudos
Ekaterina_L_Intel

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for the details. According to ark.intel.com the processor launched in Q1'17 and may not fully supported by the VTune Amplifier 2017 Update 1 released in Oct'16. http://ark.intel.com/products/97185/Intel-Core-i7-7700HQ-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz

To double check, can you please provide output of the command below:

<VTune install dir>\bin64\sep.exe -version

Regards, Katya

0 Kudos
Flavio_B_
Beginner

Hi Ekaterina,

Yes, it seems that the processor was launched after the latest vtune release.  Would it take too long to have a release that supports the new processor? I think my trial period will expire soon.

Here's the output of the command:

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\VTune Amplifier XE 2017\bin64>sep.exe -version
Sampling Enabling Product version: 4.0 (private) built by patbbinn on Oct 12 2016 14:12:52
SEP User Mode Version: 4.0.0
SEP Driver Version: 4.0.0
PAX Driver Version: 1.0.1
Platform type: 0
CPU name: Unknown
PMU:
Sampling interrupt mode: Maskable

0 Kudos
Ekaterina_L_Intel

Hi Flavio,

Please provide the CPUID. To get it on Windows, please do wmic cpu get Descriptionin command prompt.

Regards, Katya

0 Kudos