Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Missing Estimated Call Count

Peter_C_3
Beginner

Using Intel VTune Amplifier XE on Linux, I don't get the Estimated Call Count column in the hotspot analysis. I have selected "Show All Columns". I selected "Hotspots, call counts, stacks and context switches" in the Analysis Type. The analysis target is "Profile System via SSH", and the target itself is running CentOS 6.5 with kernel 2.6.32-431.29.2 x86_64. I also confirmed the vtsspp driver is loaded (from another thread in this forum). Is this column unavailable? Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dmitry_P_Intel1
Employee

Hello Peter,

Could you please provide the output from the following command run on target:

<VTune_intall_dir_on_target>/bin64/amplxe-runss

Also - what compiler did you use to compile you binary?

Thanks & Regards, Dmitry

0 Kudos
Peter_C_3
Beginner

Hi Dmitry,

We're using gcc 4.8.2. Do you want me to run amplxe-runss against a specific binary? We're doing a System Profile.

0 Kudos
Dmitry_P_Intel1
Employee

Hello Peter,

The problem is that in System Profile mode with stacks - call counts collection is not supported. So to have call counts collection you should point an application to launch or do attach. Starting from  2017 Gold release configuration dialog will not allow you to choose both System Profile and call counts emitting an error. If you use earlier builds it will allow but not collect. Please confirm what build you use.

Thank you, Regards, Dmitry

0 Kudos