Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Nothing is happening

G_F_1
Beginner

Hi, I'm trying to find memory leaks with Intel Inspector XE 2016, inside Visual Studio. I'm selecting "Select analysis start location with debugger", it says "Cannot initiate a Microsoft Visual Studio Debugger session". Then it starts my exe, but after hours, nothing has happened. No sign of output anywhere. How can I know what's going on?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
James_T_Intel

What version of Visual Studio are you using?  Can you provide a reproducer code?

0 Kudos
Simone_P_
Beginner

I'm experiencing the same problem with Intel Inspector XE 2016 Update 3 Build 460803: when selecting "Select analysis start location with debugger" or "Enable debugger when problem detected" an error is reported: "Cannot initiate a Microsoft Visual Studio Debugger session".

I'm trying this with Visual Studio 2013 (Update 4) and Visual Studio 2015 (Update 2).

About the code/project to reproduce the problem, you can just create a new console application project with Visual Studio 2015 and start Inspector with "Enable debugger when problem detected" or "Select analysis start location with debugger" and you will replicate it systematically. Indeed I've never seen this option working on any project with Visual Studio 2013/2015.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Our engineering team has confirmed this issue and they are investigating it.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Our engineering team has confirmed that this is related to a known issue.  I do not currently have a timeline for a fix to be implemented.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

This should be resolved in our Inspector 2017 version.

0 Kudos
Jakub_B_1
Beginner

I have same problem with Inspector 2018.

0 Kudos