Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Other32

craigdt
Beginner
Hi,

I'm having problems getting full profiling information when profiling a project with both managed and unmanaged code under .net. A large amount of time appears under Other32 which I gather means an unknown location.

I think it is some interaction between the interface between unmanaged and managed c++ in a managed project. Moving some code from the managed project into an unmanaged lib improves the problem, but I would rather not have to.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a solution?

Cheers,
Craig
0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Hi Craig:
What version of the VTune analyzer are you using? Unmanaged code in the .NET environment was not supported until version 7.1. If you are using 7.1, it should work. The unmanaged code is written in C++, correct? What is the managed code written in? And, are you generating full debug infoin the build(s)?
If you think you are doing everything correctly, can you create a small example that demonstrates the problem? If so, this would confirm the problem, then you could submit this as an issue at Intel Premier Support.
Thanks,
0 Kudos