Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Output XL format data from command line for existing project?

rlturner
Beginner
Is there a way to output XL format data from the command line, via vb script or the vtl command line utility, for an already existing project?
I don't see a way to export XL from the batch file (VBScript) environment.
Is there a way to hook into an existing project from the vtl utility?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
rlturner
Beginner
test
Just lost a pretty long post, checking reply mechanism
0 Kudos
rlturner
Beginner
Clarification to previous question:
We've got currently existing VTune projects set up with the GUI that our team leads use to run tests on the code base. We'd like a nightly run to spot CPU hogs. Problem is that we can't see how to get the call graph data out of an already existing run.
Using the vtl command line, the only file we can import is .tb5 format, which doesn't seem to contain call graph information. There's no way (that I can see) to export .csv or any other text data from a script file on a running project.
The Vtl command line environment does support viewing call graph data. It doesn't, however, seem to support importing same. Is it the case that thisdata is only available for the vtl's default VTune project, ie, we need to run the project activities explicity from the command line? I need to verify this is the case, because we're reluctant to give up the convenience of the VTune GUI for setting up (and verifying, and viewing results of) VTune test runs. The call graph is an important part of these tests, however.
0 Kudos