Could you please provide some more info about steps you do:
- What is your OS?
- Visual Studio version, if used
- What example are you trying to build, is it tachyon_vtune_amp_xe?
- What type of analysis do you run Locks and Waits, Hotspots or another?
Also could you please double check the analyzed application is successfully built and selected as a VTune Amplifier target (VTune Amplifier XE->Project Properties->Launch Application)?
Screenshot of the error would be also useful.
You can specify the analyzed binary the following ways:
- Provide the executable file name as Launch application (VTune Amplifier XE->Project Properties->Target->Launch Application->Application). If youre going to analyze application from its start to end, this option is preferred. For the standard tachycon_vtune_amp_xe example try this one.
- Attach to the process of your executable (VTune Amplifier XE->Project Properties->Attach to Process). In this case your application should continually run when you perform analysis. You can specify the process by name or PID. If you choose PID, you should find it every time before starting analysis, e.g. using ps command.