Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Product Owner Corner - Oct,2017

Valery_C_Intel
Employee

Today I’ll continue telling the story of VTune Amplifier development. Last month we  focused on “housekeeping activities”. You know, maintenance of such a product is quite an effort :) Among other things we extended test coverage, fixed some bugs. Hopefully, you might find it useful in next releases. :) We also added a validation script that checks how your system matches the VTune Amplifier requirements and shows the diagnostics.  It is described here

But besides “housekeeping” there were other things that kept us busy last month:

Cloud profiling: We continue polishing a profiling flow for various cloud environments. You can find a couple of articles in our cookbook: Profiling JavaScript* Code in Node.js* and   Profiling PHP Code Running with HHVM*

Support for AI frameworks: We started looking at profiling of the most popular Artificial Intelligence Frameworks. TensorFlow* example is described in this article.

I/O performance: Currently we pay lots of our attention to I/O aspects, especially on SPDK and DPDK fronts. Some examples to illustrate are available in these articles: How to detect “Non-local socket” I/O issues with Intel® VTune™ Amplifier and Analyzing Open vSwitch* with DPDK Bottlenecks Using Intel® VTune™ Amplifier. More info is coming. :)

Last, but not the least. We are thinking currently how to make the profiling/tuning flow with our tool more intuitive and user-friendly. Below are three goals we are pursuing:

1. Introduce an obvious starting point for analysis.

2. Provide navigation guidance thru analysis types.

3. Call out basic tuning techniques for detected performance issues.

So far I’ve got the following picture in my head (note, it might change dramatically :))

flow.jpg     

So, a question to you, guys:

Does it echo your needs?

Grateful in advance for the response,

Valery

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roman_K_Intel
Employee
  1. Introduce an obvious starting point for analysis.

2. Provide navigation guidance thru analysis types.

Personally, I like the "Find your analysis" diagram (link on the welcome page) which was added in VTune 2018:

6E3B86B7-8072-4E6A-9E27-0CD21446ACB1-imageId=88798AD3-AAD9-40EC-8C15-C25DF6509434.png

But, obviously, this should be somehow integrated in the UI.

0 Kudos