Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Profiling code generated with a custom jit

philipb
Beginner
The application I am trying to profile includes a jit compiler and so far with both Vtune and with the PTU all time in jited code shows up as unknown or other and is mostly opaque.

Is there a recommend techneque to profile and see the generated assembly code? Is there some way to have the profiler capture the actual code executed for display?

Any suggestions would be apprecieated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Huseyin_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

In case you have a way of modifying the JIT compiler (or the code generated) you can leverage the JIT Profiling API that we will releasewith VTune Analyzer 9.1 for Windows and Linux. The VTune Performance Analyzers JIT (Just-In-Time) Profiling API will provide functionality to profile runtime generated code and fix the problems you are encountering. This API allows analysis of runtime generated code with both sampling and call graph profilers which are already available with VTune Performance Analyzer.

The VTune Analyzer 9.1 will become available soon. If you think this might help you, please let me know and I can share

more information.

Thanks,

Levent

0 Kudos