Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Questions

newport_j
Beginner

Ihave some questoins on Parallel Advisor 2013.

1. When you are doing a survey run can you write the rpeort at the same time? Must it always be wriiten after the initial run completes?

Is there a command that will look at your code (maybe a survey command)

and recommend a parallel framework?  Either cilk, tbb or OpenMP?

3. Where are the tutorials for Parallel Advisor  2013?

4. Is there a way to check for false-sharing?

Any help appreciated. thanks in advance.

Newport_j

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Newport_j, >> Ihave some questoins on Parallel Advisor 2013. The product name is actually Intel(R) Advisor XE 2013. >> 1. When you are doing a survey run can you write the rpeort at the same time? Must it always be wriiten after the initial run completes? I am not sure what "report" you are referring to here. Please elaborate. >> Is there a command that will look at your code (maybe a survey command) and recommend a parallel framework? Either cilk, tbb or OpenMP? Not presently. Sorry. >> 3. Where are the tutorials for Parallel Advisor 2013? The tutorials are available in the following directory on Linux* OSes: Windows* : C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Advisor XE 2013\documentation\en\tutorials Linux* : /opt/intel/advisor_xe/documentation/en/tutorials/index.htm Here is more information: -------------------- To register your product purchase, visit https://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/registerexpress.aspx?media=B7J To get started using Intel(R) Advisor XE 2013: - To set your environment variables: source /opt/intel/advisor_xe_2013/advixe-vars.sh - To start the graphical user interface: advixe-gui - To use the command-line interface: advixe-cl - For more getting started resources: /opt/intel/advisor_xe_2013/documentation/en/welcomepage/get_started.html To view movies and additional training, visit http://www.intel.com/software/products -------------------- >> 4. Is there a way to check for false-sharing? Not presently. Sorry. Please post any questions related to false-sharing on the Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2013 forum as it is likely that you may find a way to check for false-sharing using that tool. Please let me know if I can help further. Thank you. Intel Developer Support
0 Kudos
newport_j
Beginner
1. When you are doing a survey run can you write the rpeort at the same time? Must it always be wriiten after the initial run completes? I am not sure what "report" you are referring to here. Please elaborate. I just want to get a good clean run and save it in an output file in a separate directory. I cannot find any command in the instructions that shows me by example how to do that. Thanks in advance. Newport_j
0 Kudos
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Newport_j, Intel(R) Advisor XE uses a single results directory into results from the various Advisor XE workflow steps are stored into in an integrated fashion. If you wish to save the results of a given run, please specify a project directory with the command line option "--project-dir" and then simply copy the project directory to a different name to save the current state of the results. This link provides more details: http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/stdxe/2013/advisorxe/lin/ug_docs/GUID-D398CE81-6826-4F9B-BE29-B5824F1A1DD4.htm#GUID-D398CE81-6826-4F9B-BE29-B5824F1A1DD4 I am also curious why you would like to save the clean run to an output file in a separate directory given that you can always report/view the survey results. Please let me know if I can help further. Thank you. Intel Developer Support
0 Kudos
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Newport_j, I fixed the link - please double check now. Sorry for the inconvenience. Intel Developer Support
0 Kudos