Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Report EU array metrics

Gutemberg_G_Intel

After collecting results in the command line for a basic hotspots analysis,

"amplxe-cl -collect hotspots -r r000hs -knob enable-gpu-usage=true -knob enable-gpu-runtimes=true MyWorkload.exe",

where MyWorkload.exe contains openCL kernels running on Intel GPU, how do we generate a report that contains GPU statistics like EU array active, idle, stalled? The gpu-computing-tasks report is not showing this kind of data after the following command:

"amplxe-cl -report gpu-computing-tasks -r r000hs -report-output MyReport.csv -format csv -csv-delimiter comma".

I don't want to use the GUI since I'm looking into calling VTune from a batch file using the command line.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Gutemburg G.!

I just duplicated what you did and I see the expected output:

gpu-tasks-from-cl.PNG

Therefore, I wonder what version of VTune Amplifier XE you are using.  I am using version 2016 Update 1.

0 Kudos
Vitaly_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Gutemberg,

Add the following option to your command line:

-knob gpu-counters-mode=overview

You can find all the possible values running

> amplxe-cl -help collect hotspots

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

However, that is not required.  Here are the command line options I used:

> amplxe-cl -collect hotspots -knob enable-gpu-usage=true -knob enable-gpu-runtimes=true ...

That's it!

0 Kudos
Vitaly_S_Intel
Employee

There will be no EU Array metrics without this option. The screenshot above doesn't have them.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I used below - they can display "GPU EU Array Usage" both.

amplxe-cl -c hotspots -knob enable-gpu-usage=true -knob enable-gpu-runtimes=true -knob gpu-counters-mode=overview -r r_gpu_overview -- opencl_app

amplxe-cl -c hotspots -knob enable-gpu-usage=true -knob enable-gpu-runtimes=true -knob gpu-counters-mode=global-local-accesses -r r_gpu_global_local -- opencl_app

1. "-knob enable-gpu-usage=true" informs VTune Amplifier, should do GPU profiling

2. "-knob enable-gpu-runtimes=true" informs VTune Amplifier, should trace OpenCL kernel and Intel Media SDK program

"enable-gpu-runtimes" should be used to display GPU EU Array metrics in report, I think.

0 Kudos