Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Show source with Advisor

Matthew_Grismer
Beginner

I'm trying to use Advisor to look at vectorization of my code.  I built the Fortran code with -g, and then collected the data with the command-line option:

advisor --collect=survey --project-dir=./advisor-orig --search-dir all:=../src -- ../src/code.exe

where the source is in the same directory as the executable.  I use the snapshot feature to wrap everything up:

advisor --snapshot --pack --cache-sources --project-dir=./advisor-orig -- code-snapshot

I transfer the snapshot back to my Mac and open it with the same version of Advisor (2021.4), and it says there is no source to display.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

Matt

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Matthew_Grismer
Beginner

My bad, I figured it out.  I had compiled the code several different ways, and on the one I was looking at the results I had forgotten the -g option.

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos