I have just successfully installed Intel Parallel Studio XE SP1 x86-64bit on Ubuntu 10.04 64bit.However, I cannot start the GUI of the Vtune Amplifier XE.When I run "amplxe-gui" from the command line, the GUI window does not open,and the command does not return. The process amplxe-gui is using 0% CPU.Pressing Ctrl+C immediately terminates the process and returns to the command prompt.
Documentation has not helped me with this problem, and I haven't found anything in this forum. I would greatly appreciate some help!
Here are some details on my installation:
1) The Vtune product came as a part of Parallel Studio XE SP1 x86-64bit
2) I am running it on Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit, and all packages are up to date
3) I have a file /etc/profile.d/intel.sh with the following lines:
source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
4) Vtune's environment variables are indeed set correctly: $PATHcontains the path to amplxe-* files, thanks to sourcing amplxe-vars.sh
5) The user I am running as is a member of the group "vtune"
6) Command "amplxe-cl -version" gives the following:
Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 Update 5 (build 186533) Command Line Tool
Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
7) The release notes for this version say that Ubuntu 10.04 is supported
8) Command "java -version" gives the following:
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.9) (6b20-1.9.9-0ubuntu1~10.04.2)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode)
9) An important observation: when I uninstall the Java runtime environment,the symptoms are exactly the same. However, my Java installation does work:I can run all java applications online.
1. Did you run lightweight-hotspots? If so, can you find vtune drivers installed? "lsmod | grep sep3" & "lsmod | grep pax"
2. Verify if you can ran do in command line:
a. amplxe-cl -collect hotspots -- application, -OR-
b. amplxe-cl -collect lightweight-hotspots -- application
3. Can you open results file which are generatedfrom command line?
4. If you can do above, and uninstalling/reinstalling the product can't solve this problem, please read this article.
I just installed Intel C++ Studio XE 2013 Update 3 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bits and every components works fine except for Intel VTune Amplifier.
In fact, I successfully launched the command line application, but I cannot start the GUI of the Vtune Amplifier XE.
Intel(R) Vtune(TM) Amplifier XE 2013 Update 5 (build 274450) Command Line Tool Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.[/bash]
I came to the /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2013/bin64 directory and the "amplxe-gui" application does not seem to be here...
Notice that during installation, I had to change the "kernel.yama.ptrace_scope" value in /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf file but no other problems were encountered.
Any ideas to help me solve this will be grateful,