Analyzers
Support for Analyzers (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor, Intel Inspector)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Thread Checker and Fortran

Dishaw__Jim
Beginner
I'm not sure if this question should be posted in the Vtune forum or here...

I have three questions

First, I recently installed Thread Checker and Thread Profiler and got them to (apparently) work. However, when I specify the /Qtheck compiler option, I get the following error (within Visual Studio .NET 2003)

"Severe tcheck10.ini not found; Intel Threading Tools must be installed"
Second, when I ran my code (sans the /Qtcheck switch) I had many reports of
"A synchronization object was acquired in the wrong order"
and the offending code was located in for__acquire_lun. All but one of the modules were compiled with the following Fortran compiler switches
/dbglibs /libs:static /threads /Zi /Od /traceback /check:bounds
The one exception had "/libdir:none" instead of "/dbglibs /libs:static /threads." The various Fortran modules are linked together to create a DLL. Is there a threading issue with for__acquire_lun or did I not set the switches correctly?

Third, in the Thread Checker documentation there is the following statement:

TO build using the Intel Compiler from the command line, issue the the command: icl /Zi /Qtcheck DataRaces.c -o DataRaces.exe /link /fixed:do

Optionally, use source instrumentation.

Does "source instrumentation" mean enable debugging support (e.g. /debug:full or /Z7)?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I'll move this over to the VTune forum where I think they have more experience on this topic.
Dishaw__Jim
Beginner
Any suggestions on the "tcheck10.ini" not found error?