cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pramod_K_
Beginner

Understanding "vectspots" report

Hello All,

Can someone explain me what is the use of "vectspots" reports and how to interpret it? Is this related to vectorisation intensity? I don't see documentation in the user manual.

When I run command line report using amplxe-cl -report vectspots I see:

Function                                                                                                                                                                       Basic Block  BB Size  CPU_CLK_UNHALTED:2000003  CPU_CLK_UNHALTED:PF  Module Path                                                                                                                                  Source File                                                                                     
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  -----------  -------  ------------------------  -------------------  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   0x4f1a80     103                   14512021768                7.272  exe.mic_linux exe.c

0x4f0843     414                   10908016362                7.091  exe.mic_linux  exe.c

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Pramod:

I'm sorry, but I can't really tell what you are talking about.  Maybe you can post a screen capture?  I mean, what is the context?  I assume you tried to post a command line report of some kind, but I don't see anything like "vectspots". :(

Pramod_K_
Beginner

Ok, in the latest Vtune (vtune_amplifier_xe_2015.1.1.380310) I see new report available with name "vectspots":

$ amplxe-cl --help report
Available Reports:
    top-down                 Display a call tree for your target application and provide CPU and wait time for each function.
    vectspots

I don't see any documentation for this report type. I attached the screenshot of the report. vectspots_0.png

David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Pramod:

Occasionally, we experiment with new capabilities that may or may not appear in the product and accidentally exposed a new metric/report/etc.  Please ignore this report for now and we’ll provide additional information if and when the capability is fully tested and released.