Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Use with Coarray Fortran

David_DiLaura
Beginner
Can VTune Amplifier be used see hotspots in Coarray Fortan code?  I'm in Studio 2010 with the latest Windows version of the compiler and VTune. When I ask for hotspot analysis, VTune launches but appears to hang (as we used to say). I'm executing 8 images of the code, and all are running.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
There is no problem to run hotspots with example from Intel Visual Fortran 2011, which is coarry_samples.zip. I can generate hotspots report.

I work on Visual Studio 2010 integration mode -

Intel® Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 Update 11 Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2010, 12.1.3534.2010, Copyright (C) 2002-2012 Intel Corporation
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE 2011 Update 9, (build 229127), Copyright © 2009-2012 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Can you please try this example first, then know if the issue is your application specific problem?

Regards, Peter 

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
When running multiple processes, the default sampling rates tend to be too high, particularly if you didn't set an expected run time larger than your actual run time.  Reduced sampling rate may be obtained by opening properties of your project, goiing to the advanced properties, and setting the expected run time arbitrarily higher than the real run time (or by specifying sample-after values for specific events).
0 Kudos