Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4993 Discussions

VTUNE 7.2 Unexpected Error Converting samples to mdb

Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Hi,
I am evaluating VTUNE and it is not going very well. My context is Windows XP SP1, Dual XEON 2.4, 1 GB memory, Visual Studio 6 SP 5,and VTUNE 7.2. The install goes fine. But when I sample the demo executable or one of my own programs, I get an unexpected error "popup"after the sampling is done. There is also a message in the status bar that says "converting to mdb" (this flashes by very quickly). So I presume the unexpected error happens when converting the raw samples to mdb.
I have re-installed the software 3 times. First on the "D" drive but then on "C". All paths were left as their defaults. There is 5 GB free on C, and 1 GB free on D.
Is there an issue running SOFTICE at the same time as VTUNE?
Thanks,
Chris Moberg
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
2 Days have passed and still no word.Please Help!! Are there known incompatible HOTFIXES? I have heard such good things about this tool, I want to give it a fair shake. But my inability to get it to do the most basic operations makesthis difficult.
Chris
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Chris:
For prompt replies to problems and questions, please submit an issue at Intel Premier Support. The forums are a place for users to discuss their experiences and help each other out.
Do you have any advanced security software installed on your system? Have you tried not running SoftICE at the same time?
0 Kudos