Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

VTune 2015 (15.4.0) crashes profiled application when collection starts

Joe_F_
Beginner

When I try to start capturing data for an application that is already running (attach), the application I'm running crashes and core dumps as soon as I press the start button in the GUI.  I've also tried running the command shown if I press the [Command Line...] button -- the result is the same.  I'm just doing simple hotspot analysis without changing any of the default parameters.

The error that is printed on for my application is:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/$LIB/bash_ld_preload.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded: ignored.

AMPLXE_TPSSCOLLECTOR[37143]: module_map_common988: (start != 0 && end != 0 && start < end) : BUG! :
Assertion failed: module_map_common988: (start != 0 && end != 0 && start < end) : BUG! : . Please contact the technical support. Segmentation fault (core dumped)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dmitry_P_Intel1
Employee

Hello Joe,

Is it possible to try the application profiling with newer VTune version? The last one is VTune Amplifier XE 2017 Update 1. For the time being there might be a bunch of changes that could positively impact the issue or at least make the diagnostic more comprehensive.

Thank you, Regards, Dmitry

0 Kudos