Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

VTune 8.0 on WinCE 5.0 & PXA270

yh_0116
Beginner
Hi,

I am using VTune 8.0 to measure programs running on WinCE 5.0, PXA270. I've installed the VTune on my PC and the data collector on the target board. ActiveSync is used to connect between the PC and the target board.

The problem is that I cannot open the remote data collector on the board before running all other parts of VTune for data collection. Everytime I click on the "VTRemoteSvr.exe" or "VTuneTDC.exe" on the board it shows "Initialization failed". Can anyone give some idea for solutions?

I knew from some previous posting that VTune 7.2 did not support BSP for WinCE 5.0. Is it the same problem here?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
zhanghg
Beginner
As I know,Vtune 8.0 on Wince is supported, and it is now running on my platform.
What you have to do is to fulfill PMU ISR .
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Hi folks,

I'm using HP 6315e, which has Intel PXA272 processor running Windows PPC 2003.

I wanted to check my application against the perfromance, using VTune. I've downloaded evaluation copy of VTune 8.0 from Intel site and it got successfully integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 which is my developement env. for WindowsPPC 2003 and Windows Mobile 5.0.

I installed VTune for PPC using the setup given by the intel. But, whenever I start running the "VTuneTDC.exe" it says "Data Collector Initialze failed"? Retry or cancel.

It's not starting at all.

One more question, can I use VTune on Windows Mobile 5.0/Windows PPC 2003 SE Emulators provided with VS2005.

Thanks,

Kuldeep

0 Kudos
espenr
Beginner
zhanghg@amoi.com.cn1:
As I know,Vtune 8.0 on Wince is supported, and it is now running on my platform.
What you have to do is to fulfill PMU ISR .

How do you "fulfill PMU ISR"? (and what is it anyways? I know that PMU is the API from Intel for doing performance monitoring on XScale devices, but I don't know what the ISR stands for)

As far as I can see I have not seen anyone successfully doing profiling on Windows CE or Windows Mobile 5.0 with vtune 8.0...

espen
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

There aretwo reasontocause device initialization failed please

1. Use right RDC. The userhas to use VTune 8.0.2 Beta which includes all XScale RDcs it should be in http://www.intel.com/software/products/registrationcenter/downloads if customers have registered v8.0

2. Use right BSP. Make sure OS image is VTune enabled for PXA27x for WinCE 5.0, pleaseuse/learn from Microsoft BSP update at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bdf43d00-55b6-4e51-82a5-f0a8395d4903&displaylang=en

If the user still has a problem, then you can submit issue on Intel Premier - https://premier.intel.com

Thanks, Peter

0 Kudos
chits
Beginner

I have VTune 8.0 performance Analyzer for Windows - Evaluation version. I am running the RDC on a Windows CE 5.0 (PXA270) device.Initially I got the Initialize Failed Error which got resolved when I included the PMU component in the OS image. Now, When I press Start on theVTuneTDC.exe dialog on the device or from the host in stand alone mode, I don'tsee that thesampling starts.

Is this a known issue in Windows CE5.0?

Does VTune 8.0.2 have a separateRDC for Windows CE 5.0?

Can I upgrade to 8.0.2 when I am using an Evaluation version of 8.0?

Any directions in this regard would be very helpful.

0 Kudos