Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

VTune Amplifier XE 2013 Update 2 (build 253325) freezes on exit Win 7

AndrewC
New Contributor III

On Win7 64 bit, VTune Amplifier XE 2013 locks up on exit and needs to be terminated nearly every time I use it on a medium sized problem. Is this a known issue?

And while I am here, I would like to say that the "new" user interface of the start page with a few "clickable" links in the middle of a blank page is a huge backward step.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
I never heard this before, what are the specific things in your system environment? You may try latest product VTune(TM) Amplifier XE Update 3, to verify again.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
>>>n Win7 64 bit, VTune Amplifier XE 2013 locks up on exit and needs to be terminated nearly every time I use it on a medium sized problem. Is this a known issue?>>> Did you receive any error messages when VTune hungs?
0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III
Unfortunately no error messages. I have to force-quit the process from task manager.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
>>>Unfortunately no error messages. I have to force-quit the process from task manager.>>> I'd like to recommend you to dump the hung process with the AD plus tool.You can download it as a part of windows debugging tools. Other option is to use windbg and break into hung process with the !runaway metacommand.
0 Kudos