Beta Update 1 of the VTune Amplifier XE 2017 performance profiler is available for download to registered users at the Intel Software Development Product Registration Center.
Improvements and enhancements include:
- Support for the next generation Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 v4 Family (formerly codenamed "Broadwell-EP")
- Application Performance Snapshot: CPU Utilization metric is extended with analysis of CPU time spent in threading and MPI runtimes and content-dependent follow-up messages
- UI improvements for the grid views and identification of performance issues (HTML-enabled grid)
- Navigation from the Hottest GPU computing tasks summary to the details provided in the Graphics tab
- Support for the Attach to Process target analysis for Intel Media SDK and OpenCL™ programs
- Easier hardware event list selection in custom EBS analysis configuration via Filter field
- Driverless event-based sampling collection for uncore events enabled for the Memory Access analysis on Linux* OS
- Support for loading/unloading the VTune Amplifier product environment with modulefile for the Environment Modules system on Linux* OS. See the VTune Amplifier Installation Guide for more details.
- Support for the Microsoft* Visual Studio 2015 Update 2
- Support for Intel® Manycore Platform Software Stack (Intel® MPSS) version 3.7
See this post for information on registering for the beta program. You only have until June 6 to provide feedback, so please try it out soon! The beta software will continue to function until October 7, 2016.