Analyzers
Community support for Analyzers (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor, Intel Inspector)
4969 Discussions

VTune Amplifier XE 2017 not working for any analysis on Win 10

Sathyanarayana_R_

Hi,

I was able to use Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2017 on my Windows 10 machine till day. Unfortunately, I am unable to use it as I am seeing an unusual

[INSTRUMENTATION ENGINE]: SYSCALL_INSPECTOR: The NTDLL!NtAllocateVirtualMemory function jumps out of NTDLL at 0x7ff926894400. It may be hooked by a pin incompatible software installed on the system Source\pin\base_w\ipc_server_windows.cpp

Can anyone please help me out on how to resolve this issue? Thanks for the help! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ekaterina_L_Intel

Hello,

It can be a result of some 3rd party software (ex.  Anti-virus) which hooked/patched NTDLL library.

As result VTune Amplifier cannot do dynamical instrumenting by Pin collector in analysis like Basic Hotspots, Concurrency, Locks & Wait.

Last time similar problem was a result of Avast antivirus: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-vtune-amplifier-xe/topic/536136 

If turning off antivirus is not an option for your system, another alternative will be to use hardware event-based sampling analysis like Advanced Hotpots, etc.

Regards, Katya

0 Kudos
Sathyanarayana_R_

I have disabled antivirus on my machine and I am still seeing the same issue. Hardware event-based sampling analysis does not seem to be supported on the version that I have. 

Any other way to fix this issue? 

0 Kudos
Ekaterina_L_Intel

Hello,

The diagnostic you reported in initial post was from software analysis (Basic Hotspots, Concurrency, Locks&Waits).

What diagnostic you see from hardware event-based analysis, ex. Advanced Hotspots?

What are your VTune Amplifier version, Windows OS build ID, and Intel processor?

Regards, Katya

0 Kudos