Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

VTune Amplifier XE breaks "Find all references" in VS2008

Min_Xu
Beginner
Once running VTune Amplifier XE on a C# project, a folder is automatically added to the solution named "Amplifier XE Results". As long as this folder is in the solution (even if projects/results are removed), "Find all references" in VS2008 will return 0 results. Once I remove "Amplifer XE Results" from the solution, then "Find all reference" will work properly again.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I'm using VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2013 Update 15 to verify this issue, I have no VS2008, I work on VS2010:

1. I used example serial_nqueues_csharp from the product, open this solution file, build it

2. Ran Basic Sampling then Amplifier XE Results was appeared under Solution

3. Click on Class View tab, right click on SerialNQueens class then select "Find All References" - there were 4 matches found in "Find Symbol Results".

So there is no VTune result to break "Find All References" - I know that I tested on VS2010. 

NOTE: Support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008* is deprecated - In a future major release of the Intel VTune Amplifier XE, support for use with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008* will be removed. Intel recommends that customers migrate to Microsoft Visual Studio 2012* at their earliest convenience.

0 Kudos
Min_Xu
Beginner
In that case, is VisualStudio 2013 supported? Microsoft claims to support Edit and Continue for x64 (although it appears to be restricted to .Net 4.5.1)
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Min Xu wrote:

In that case, is VisualStudio 2013 supported? Microsoft claims to support Edit and Continue for x64 (although it appears to be restricted to .Net 4.5.1)

Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2013 RC is supported, you can check releasenotes.

You may try C# application, please post any issue if you meet.

0 Kudos