Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

VTune SQLite database is locked

Wadud_M_
Beginner

Hi everyone, my desktop machine crashed whilst VTune was open. When I try to open an analysis after the reboot, it says:

The path sqlite-db is locked. Suggestion: verify that you have enough permissions to access the path and make sure your result is not already in another tab or another instance of the project. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Wadud.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Richard_H_1
Beginner

Similar issue while comparing two runs I got the message below.  ls -Ral <the sqlite path> revealed nothing actionable. I suspect I had the result open in another tab.

I closed VTune and reopened it and things seem to get better.

Intel VTune Amplifier 2018 cannot open the result 
    Mon 26 Feb 2018 10:57:11 AM EST  The path /home/rlh/intel/amplxe/projects/genGarbage/r018ah/sqlite-db is locked. Suggestion: Verify that you have enough permissions to access the path and make sure your result is not already opened in another tab or another instance of the product. 
0 Kudos
Dmitry_P_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

In Wadud's case it might be the case that the result db came to a "bad" state after the machine crash when the result was opened in VTune. You can try to refinalize the result either using UI button on "Analysis target", "Analysis type" or "Collection Log" tabs. In CL the command is the following:

>amplxe-cl -finalize -r <result_path>

Cannot comment much on Richard's case - if one of results to compare was not opened in another tab or in another VTune GUI instance this is unexpected. 

BTW general comment - the result directory should have WRITE access for a user so if the collection was done under root by some reason and somebody wants to look at the result under user - they will have the same message about db is locked even if there is read access in the result folder if write permissions are not granted specially. I think we can improve the message on this.

Thanks & Regards, Dmitry

0 Kudos