Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5000 Discussions

VTune amplifier xe 2013 update 3

srinivasu
Beginner

Hi,
I have downloaded non-commercial Intel C++ Studio XE package to experiment tools supported in it.  To profile code, I am using VTune amplifier update 1, but it is giving error “failed to finalize result”. I want to try with VTune amplifier update 3.
Is this non- commercial downloadable package?, if so could you please provide the link to download vtune amplifier xe 2013 update 3.tar.gz  file.

Regards,
Srinivasu

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If your license remains valid for downloads, you would register it at https://registrationcenter.intel.com (if you haven't done so) then download the update from that site.

Among the common reasons for failure to finalize has been collection of too much data, which can be remedied by increasing sample after values (or indirectly, by arbitrarily increasing the expected run duration).  Update 3 is more tolerant but still can take excessively long to finalize when too many samples are collected.

0 Kudos
srinivasu
Beginner

Hi TimP,

Thank you for provide the link for downlaod the tools. With this update 3 package and echo 0|sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope command I am able to collect the data.

Once again thank you.

Regards,
srinivasu

0 Kudos