Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

VTune doesn't work when analyze processor graphics hardware events

Lingzhi_S_
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I've already submitted my problem to OpenCL forum, but I was advised to put it here.

My VTune 2015 doesn't work when I choose "Overview" at "Analyze Processor Graphics Hardware Events". (work fine when choose "None". ) The log shows  "The result you are opening is empty. This may be caused by an error during data collection. Try to re-run the analysis.", but also "Data collection is completed successfully." And the command window shows nothing like the application doesn't work successfully. Plus, it's already been checked that there is nothing wrong with the application, because it doesn't work with the sample too. 

I use: windows 8.1 pro, vtune 2015, i7 4800mq

thx

Lingzhi

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

My question is, did you start-up VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2015 with administrator privilege? 

0 Kudos
Lingzhi_S_
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I start it with admin privilege. 

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

2015 release notes indicates, you have to use Attach or Profile System mode instead of Launch Application mode. Are you using Basic Hotspots?Can you attach your result directory and use "amplxe-feedback" to generate logs? Send me private message. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Vitaly_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Lingzhi,

Don't you use VTune via remote desktop?

Also, can you please provide graphics driver version installed on the system - you should see it on "Summary" tab in "Collection and Platform Info" section.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

@ Lingzhi

Thank you let me know - GPU profiling worked fine after re-installing Windows & VTune. Could it be possible that the problem was caused by 3rd-party libraries conflicted?

0 Kudos