Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

VTune update on SuSE 10.3 x86_64

TimP
Honored Contributor III
The top level install script hung after my first "1" response. I had to run the install script in the data directory and tell it yes, I do want to install.
As I forgot to go to the kernel source directory and run make cloneconfig; make prepare, this failed the first time.
This is getting tedious.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - tim18
The top level install script hung after my first "1" response. I had to run the install script in the data directory and tell it yes, I do want to install.
As I forgot to go to the kernel source directory and run make cloneconfig; make prepare, this failed the first time.
This is getting tedious.

The latest support SuSE* Linux* OS is version 10.0 - kernel 2.6.13-15. SuSE* 10.3 has not been tested on VTune Analyzer 9.1 Update 1, or say it is a feature request.

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

The latest support SuSE* Linux* OS is version 10.0 - kernel 2.6.13-15. SuSE* 10.3 has not been tested on VTune Analyzer 9.1 Update 1, or say it is a feature request.

OK, I suppose it would be feature request to have the installer recognize when make cloneconfig or make prepare haven't been run, and say so explicitly, or even remedy the omission. That would apply to the supported SLES versions, and to the SLES 11, which has been designated as a primary OS for new IA platforms, as well as OpenSUSE.
I'm not sure why not hanging the install script on distros which are only slightly different from supported ones would be a feature request. I recognize that SuSE is more popular in the HPC and Europe arenas than in those where VTune support decisions are made.
I posted this partly to make the usual work-arounds visible.

0 Kudos