Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Viewing source code when compiling coarray code

Bruce_Weaver
Beginner

Hi,

Compiling 2013 Fortran code with Coarrays, I can't get Amplifier to show the source code.  Has this not been developed yet?  Is there a workaround?  Or am I just missing something?  If it is coming soon, when is soon estimated to arrive?

thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
I tried simple case coarray_samples from C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\Samples\en_US\Fortran, ran concurrency analysis with built application. Here are results: Function / Call Stack CPU Time by Utilization Overhead Time Wait Time by Utilization Module Function (Full) for_rtl_ICAF_FINALIZE 101.003s 7.781s 0.017s libicaf.dll for_rtl_ICAF_FINALIZE for_rtl_ICAF_INIT 62.040s 13.917s 2.063s libicaf.dll for_rtl_ICAF_INIT ... You can see that hot functions locate at module libicaf.dll, I suppose that the module was from Fortran compiler without source code. If you want to see hot source line, you may contact Fortran compiler support (but I am not sure if source code is open source). If you had much time spent in module coarray_samples.exe, where have your source - then you can navigate source with performance data.
0 Kudos
Bruce_Weaver
Beginner
Hi, I ran the sample (hello_image.f90) and still had the same problem -- running a hotspot analysis, there is no source file available. What do I have to do to show the source file when doing the profiling of co-arrays? I can see the source files when I run the hotspot analysis on a serial program. I left all the settings that came with the sample alone and the source, when I go to compile it, is plainly visible.
0 Kudos
Bruce_Weaver
Beginner
Hi, I ran the sample (hello_image.f90) and still had the same problem -- running a hotspot analysis, there is no source file available. What do I have to do to show the source file when doing the profiling of co-arrays? I can see the source files when I run the hotspot analysis on a serial program. I left all the settings that came with the sample alone and the source, when I go to compile it, is plainly visible.
0 Kudos
Bruce_Weaver
Beginner
Sorry about the repeated message. The message in hot spot results is 'unknown source file'. It does show the assembly code level.
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
As I explained last time, hot function for_rtl_ICAF_FINALIZE() is in module libicaf.dll come from Intel Fortran Compiler - which has no associated source files. However I can't open source which is the caller of for_rtl_ICAF_FINALIZE () - main(), it should be navigated in source level. I will talk with engineering, and post any resolution soon. Thanks, Peter
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Actualu this is Not a bug, VTune(TM) Amplifier XE shows the function from debug info – the main function auto-generated by compiler and it’s not a user’s main function. Most of CPU time was spent in libicaf.dll which has no source file, but assembly view works.
0 Kudos