Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Visualizing vectorization report in Vtune amplifier?

PKM
Beginner

Hi

Any hints to how you visualize the result of the vectorization report for a given hot spot source line in Vtune amplifier? Based on google searches it seems to be possible, but I cannot figure out how to do it in the latest Vtune version ...

Thanks a lot for any feedback ...

(Parallel studio XE on windows)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Casper:

I'm sorry.  There was an attempt to do this in the old product, VTune™ Performance Analyzer, but there is no support for the compiler vec-reports in the VTune Amplifier XE.

What you can do is:

1. View hotspots with loop filtering enabled (see image below)

loop-filtering.png

1. Dbl-click on the hot loops to drill down to the source code
  2. Enable the assembly code view, by pressing the Assembly button
  3. Select the line or lines of interest
  4. Visually verify that vector instructions were used, e.g.:

vectorized-code.png

If you are unsure which instructions are vector instructions, simply right-click on the instruction in the assembly code and select "Instruction Reference" from the pop-up menu.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...There was an attempt to do this in the old product, VTune™ Performance Analyzer, but there is no support for the compiler >>vec-reports in the VTune Amplifier XE... I wish that feature will be available in the VTune some day. As a compromise, in case of using Intel C++ compiler a command line option n=3 could be used: ... /Qvec-report control amount of vectorizer diagnostic information n=0 no diagnostic information n=1 indicate vectorized loops (DEFAULT when enabled) n=2 indicate vectorized/non-vectorized loops n=3 indicate vectorized/non-vectorized loops and prohibiting data dependence information n=4 indicate non-vectorized loops n=5 indicate non-vectorized loops and prohibiting data dependence information ...
0 Kudos