Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Vtune 7.2 Uninstall Failed on windows XP

Zhiqiang_Y_Intel
Employee
Hi,
I found error when using VTune 7.2, so Idecide to reinstall it to my system. However, when I try to uninstall the VTune 7.2, the following error occur:
"Error 1327. Invalid dtrive: P:".Then I try to remove it manually.
Remove the key "Inter corporation"Vtune Peformance Envrionment" under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_User in the registry, and then reinstall the VTune 7.2, The same error occur.
Does anyone know how to walkaround this to reinstall the VTune 7.2?
The VTune version I am using is 7.2 (w_vt_p_7.2.034),
My OS is Windows XP.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
In general, it is bad news to try to edit the registry to remove the VTune analyzer. I never recommend doing that. I always recommend sticking with the uninstall.
Regarding the error during the uninstall, did you install the analyzer on P: originally? Is P: a network mapped drive? (The VTune analyzer cannot be used from a networked drive, which may explain your original problem.) Was P: mapped when you attempted the uninstall?
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Also note that the forums do not guarantee a response. If you require support, Intel Premier Support provides an 8 hour service level agreement. Please use Premier if you need a response in a timely manner.
For Intel employees that do not have a Premier account, please send an email to ae.quad@intel.com requesting an account. Include your WWID and the products that you want access to.
0 Kudos
Zhiqiang_Y_Intel
Employee
Hi, DaveA
Thanks much for your help. You are right, this error is caused by network mapped drive. Originally I installed the vtune via network.
When I map a network(which contains installation package of Vtune) to P:,the vtune is repaired successfully.I think that is a bug of Windows Installer.
Now the VTune is reinstalled, and everything is OK. :-)
0 Kudos