Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Vtune 9.0 crashes Vista

Alexei_Yakovlev
Beginner
Hi all,

I've just installed Vtune analyzer 9.0 on my Windows Vista32 desktop and tried running some sampling tests. When I do one run only (select Min: One sampling run... in Sampling Configuration Wizard) everything works fine. If I do more than one sampling run (Medium or Max in the Sampling config Wizard) then the system crashes with a blue screen of death (saying something like error 0x00000101, can't see much more than that) after the first sampling run.

The computer:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 running at 2.4GHz (not overclocked).
Motherboard: Asus P5B Deluxe
Graphics: Nvidia 7900GT
Memory: 4GB installed of which Windows can use about 3GB

Please let me know if you need more information.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
A better way to go about this would be to submit an issue on premier.intel.com, including a pack-and-go file of your case.
0 Kudos
Alexei_Yakovlev
Beginner
tim18,
Thank you for the advice. I'll submit this case to the premier support although there is a small problem: I cannot use Pack'n'Go because it's an evaluation version that does not allow saving data.

Alexei

0 Kudos
PHILLIP_C_Intel
Employee
Hi all,

I've just installed Vtune analyzer 9.0 on my Windows Vista32 desktop and tried running some sampling tests. When I do one run only (select Min: One sampling run... in Sampling Configuration Wizard) everything works fine. If I do more than one sampling run (Medium or Max in the Sampling config Wizard) then the system crashes with a blue screen of death (saying something like error 0x00000101, can't see much more than that) after the first sampling run.

The computer:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 running at 2.4GHz (not overclocked).
Motherboard: Asus P5B Deluxe
Graphics: Nvidia 7900GT
Memory: 4GB installed of which Windows can use about 3GB

Please let me know if you need more information.

I don't believe Vista is supported for this tool. I'm having simular issues with Win7 and noticed that dl support is only for WinXP!

0 Kudos
PHILLIP_C_Intel
Employee

I don't believe Vista is supported for this tool. I'm having simular issues with Win7 and noticed that dl support is only for WinXP!

Correction Vista32 is supported however, there seems to be an issue with With beta Win7 that I am dealing with. Time Based shows possilble file corruptions.

0 Kudos