Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Vtune 9.0 fails with Visual Studio 2008

richardkorry
Beginner

When I try to use VTune w/ VS 2008Iget afatal error. I justdownloaded VTune w/ theVS 2008 component.

VTune 9.0 Build 719

VS 2008 Professional Edition Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM installed ith all components. I was hoping to use VTune on a C++ program.

I start VS2008 as Administrator and it comes up OK. I select Tuning -> Windows -> Tuning Browser and I get the dialog box with just an "OK" button:

One or more components did not load correctly. You may need to reinstall the product.

Selecting "OK" causes the circle icon to appear and the disk to pound and eventually VS restarts.

I did remove and reinstall VTune but that didn't appear to help in any way.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Andrey_Pavlenko
Beginner

Hi Richard,

It looks like you work on Intel 64 processor.

If yes, you faced the know issue, mentioned in the Release Notes.

Let me quote here:

Microsoft* Visual Studio Support

• The VTune analyzer plugs into the following versions of Microsoft* Visual Studio*:

• Microsoft* Visual Studio* .NET 2002

• Microsoft* Visual Studio* .NET 2003

• Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2005

• Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2008 Beta 2

• Visual Studio 2008 integration is available on all supported platforms except Vista 64-bit on Intel 64 processors. VTune analyzer does integrate with Visual Studio 2005 on Vista 64-bit and also works standalone on Intel 64 processors. Integration with Visual Studio 2008 on Vista 64-bit is planned for a future updates.

• Data collection can be directly launched from the Microsoft* Visual Studio IDE. The VTune analyzer can also be launched as an independent tool from the IDE.

0 Kudos
richardkorry
Beginner

I had noticed that in the release notes.

However, I am running Vista SP1 32 bit build ona Intel Xeon CPU 5150 so I didn't think that would apply.

0 Kudos
Andrey_Pavlenko
Beginner

It mens the problem you faced is quite specific for your particular system.

I'd suggest you submitting the bug to official support and athttps://premier.intel.com/ .

To speed up the investigation, pleasefollowthe problem description bythe complete system info by running the vtqfagent.cmd script (located in the VTune installation folder). This will create the vtqfagent_log directory in the My Documents folder (see the output of the script for details). Please, compress and attach the directory with the results to the issue.

0 Kudos
Andrey_Pavlenko
Beginner

Just another guess:

Microsoft declared numerous 3rd-party software problems after SP1 installation on Vista. The issue you faced may be a consequence of SP1 as well. (We didnt tested the Update 7 release on Vista SP1).

0 Kudos
shady8860
Beginner
Im having the same issue with Vista/ VS2008 and VTune 9.0 update 9 build 839. Just wondering if you ever got any resolution for the issue. I have submitted a premier intel ticket already im just waiting for a reply.
0 Kudos
rkorry
Beginner
I had problemsloggingintomy support account so I just worked around this problem. I still have the problem. Now that I can login to my Intel account again I will probably submit this problem.
0 Kudos