When I try to use VTune w/ VS 2008Iget afatal error. I justdownloaded VTune w/ theVS 2008 component.
VTune 9.0 Build 719
VS 2008 Professional Edition Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM installed ith all components. I was hoping to use VTune on a C++ program.
OS: Vista SP1
I start VS2008 as Administrator and it comes up OK. I select Tuning -> Windows -> Tuning Browser and I get the dialog box with just an "OK" button:
One or more components did not load correctly. You may need to reinstall the product.
Selecting "OK" causes the circle icon to appear and the disk to pound and eventually VS restarts.
I did remove and reinstall VTune but that didn't appear to help in any way.
It looks like you work on Intel 64 processor.
If yes, you faced the know issue, mentioned in the Release Notes.
Let me quote here:
- The VTune analyzer plugs into the following versions of Microsoft* Visual Studio*:
- Microsoft* Visual Studio* .NET 2002
- Microsoft* Visual Studio* .NET 2003
- Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2005
- Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2008 Beta 2
- Visual Studio 2008 integration is available on all supported platforms except Vista 64-bit on Intel 64 processors. VTune analyzer does integrate with Visual Studio 2005 on Vista 64-bit and also works standalone on Intel 64 processors. Integration with Visual Studio 2008 on Vista 64-bit is planned for a future updates.
- Data collection can be directly launched from the Microsoft* Visual Studio IDE. The VTune analyzer can also be launched as an independent tool from the IDE.
It mens the problem you faced is quite specific for your particular system.
I'd suggest you submitting the bug to official support and athttps://premier.intel.com/ .
To speed up the investigation, pleasefollowthe problem description bythe complete system info by running the vtqfagent.cmd script (located in the VTune installation folder). This will create the vtqfagent_log directory in the
Just another guess:
Microsoft declared numerous 3rd-party software problems after SP1 installation on Vista. The issue you faced may be a consequence of SP1 as well. (We didnt tested the Update 7 release on Vista SP1).