Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

Vtune analyzes python exceptions

zhang_stu
Beginner

Hi,all,

I am trying to use vtune to perform hotspots analysis on a python program. The command line parameters are as follows. The command can run normally and can also produce a "r000hs" result file, but the python program (spades.py) I want to analyze is not actually running. I used a python program with no parameters to test, it can perform hotspots and memory-consumption analysis normally. Is the problem now because this python program takes parameters? How can I analyze the spades.py program normally? In addition, the attachments are the version of vtune and the exception log file when spades.py is analyzed.

Looking forward to your answer,Thanks!

CL:amplxe-cl -collect hotspots -run-pass-thru=--no-altstack /home4/zhangjie/Metatools/assemble/SPAdes-3.14.1-Linux/bin/spades.py -t 28 --meta -1 /home4/zhangjie/output_forward_paired.fq.gz -2 /home4/zhangjie/output_reverse_paired.fq.gz -o .

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

We will look into this. Meanwhile, could you update your vtune version and try your sample in that updated version?

Regarding your question " Is the problem now because this python program takes parameters? " - No that is not the issue. We have already tried with parameters and haven't faced any issues.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
zhang_stu
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have now downloaded the latest version of vtune. A series of "/lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found" was prompted when using it. I learned that the glibc version is too low. After I downloaded the appropriate version of glibc, I encountered path problems again during configuration. In which path will glibc be configured generally?

Thanks~

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Usually we don't get any dependency issues while installing Vtune. Vtune is available as a part of Intel oneAPI basekit(https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit/download.html) and also as standalone version(https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-standalone-components.html#vtune).

Try downloading vtune once again from the above mentioned links and let us know if the issue persists.

Regarding your initial query, we tried your command with a sample python code in python 3.7 and it is working fine. We will try that with python 3.8 and let you know the updates. Meanwhile could you share your os details and your current vtune version?

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
zhang_stu
Beginner

Hi, Janani Chandran
Sorry to keep you waiting. My system is Centos Linux version 6. I downloaded Intel oneAPI basekit and standalone version respectively according to the link you provided. The installed versions are Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2021.2 and Intel® VTune(TM) Profiler 2021.2.0. After the installation was successful, I executed source vtune-vars.sh in the corresponding directory, and then I tried to run vtune in the bin64 directory, but the above "/lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found" problem still appeared .

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

We are working on this internally. We will get back to you soon with an update.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
Heinrich_B_Intel
Employee

Dear Customer,

thanks for submitting this issue.

CentOS 6.* or RedHat 6.* is not supported anymore by Intel Software tools. Is there any chance to upgrade to a newer CentOS version >= 7? Or do you have an alternative system? You may try the Intel Devcloud and run the command line version of vtune on Ubuntu 20.4? The complete oneapi package is installed on the Devcloud and access is free!

Devcloud: https://intelsoftwaresites.secure.force.com/DevCloud

best regards,

Heinrich

0 Kudos