Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Vtune error using Frame API

JEROME_B_Intel1
Employee

I am working with a program called NAMD, which uses a package called Charm++ to achieve multi-threading. I have used the Frame API to insert markers in the code. When I try to trace the code with Vtune, the collection phase works fine, but I get the following error from the analysis phase;

Failed to Finalize the Result

Error 0x40000026 (Database interface error) -- Precompute error

I don't get this error if I take out the frames.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

You may refer to discussion on this thread

It seemed that you inserted itt_domain for frame in function, which was called in multithreads? I suppose that one itt_domain can only be used in one thread. 

0 Kudos
Dmitry_P_Intel1
Employee

Hello Jerome,

We need more details to understand what was wrong in your case:

VTune version, how to you link ittnotify, what is the sequence of ITT notify calls, and ideally the result directory/traces.

You can contact me directly with the details: dmitry.prohorov@intel.com

Thanks & Regards, Dmitry

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

That reminds me, and I say it here just for future reference: do NOT dynamically load the ittnotify DLL!!  That is, don't write code to LoadLibrary() the DLL.  It is already written in such a way that only a stub is loaded, by default, and the actual implementation is only loaded if executing under VTune Amplifier XE.  If you attempt to load the DLL yourself, it won't work.  Ask me how I know?! ;)

0 Kudos