Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Vtune func@ problems +IFORT + Visual studio 2019

Andrew_
Beginner

Hello.

There is a problem with Vtune + ifort 2022 + vs2019.

Can you please tell me how to make it so that instead of references like func@0x140051b90
to output function names from source Fortran program?

If I disable /O0 optimization, then function names are displayed correctly.
However, if I use /O3, I get addresses instead of names.

The compilation is carried out with the parameters

/nologo /debug:full /O3 /Qaxcoffeelake /Qxcoffeelake /reentrancy:none /arch:AVX /Qoffload:none /tune:coffeelake /Qopenmp-offload- /Qopenmp-stubs interfaces /Qopt-report:5 /fpe:0 /module: "x64\Release\\" /object: "x64\Release\\" /Fd "x64\Release\vc160. pdb" /traceback /libs:static /threads /Qmkl:sequential /c

Linking with parameters

/OUT: "x64\Release\neumann_1d_msu.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE: "x64\Release\neumann_1d_msu.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC: "level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB: "d:\Disk\Parallel\fortran\2d_Extra_Laguerre_ALL\2d_Extra_Laguerre8\x64\Release\neumann_1d_msu. pdb" /MAP /MAPINFO:EXPORTS /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /STACK:2000000000,2000000000 /IMPLIB: "d:\Disk\Parallel\fortran\2d_Extra_Laguerre_ALL\2d_Extra_Laguerre8\x64\Release\neumann_1d_msu.lib"

For linux system I have no problem with this.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
James_T_Intel

I'm going to close this thread for support as a duplicate of https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/Vtune-problems-Ifort-vs2019/m-p/1350470. VTune is not related to the actual problem, it is simply a way to see the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Denis_M_Intel
Employee

VTune reads information about function names from .pdb files. Are there any warning messages about symbol file of this module in VTune finalization output/log? Can you see function names for this module under VS debugger?

Can your share a reproducer: small VTune result + executable module (this program or any other "hello world" app with such issue) + its .pdb file?  

0 Kudos
Andrew_
Beginner

I have attached a visual studio 2019 project with a simple program and Vtune result.

0 Kudos
Denis_M_Intel
Employee

Thank you for providing the reproducer. The attached .exe file doesn't have information about its .pdb in the IMAGE_DEBUG_TYPE_CODEVIEW debug directory. As a result, VTune doesn't try to find the .pdb. Help is needed from the Compiler team to understand why there is no reference to .pdb.

0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

We are working on this internally, will get back to you with the solution. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Raeesa

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

I'm going to close this thread for support as a duplicate of https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/Vtune-problems-Ifort-vs2019/m-p/1350470. VTune is not related to the actual problem, it is simply a way to see the problem.

0 Kudos