Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Vtune - unable to create environment file "./environment.xml"

gkorland
Beginner

I'm trying to run vTune with:

/opt/intel/vtune/bin/vtl activity -d 10000 -c sampling -o -ec en=MEM_LOAD_RETIRED.LLC_UNSHARED_HIT -en=MEM_LOAD_RETIRED.OTHER_CORE_L2_HIT_HITM en=MEM_LOAD_RETIRED.LLC_MISS -app /opt/jdk1.6.0_18/bin/java,-verbose:gc -XX:AllocatePrefetchStyle=2 -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:AllocatePrefetchLines=32 -server -showversion -XX:+AggressiveOpts -Xmx50g -Xms50g -cp bin/ benchmark.AllocTest 1000000 100000 run

But I'm getting:

Error: unable to create environment file "./environment.xml" on m-ser (127.0.0.1): [ERROR] unable to open SELI interface

Error: unable to create environment file "./environment.xml" onm-ser(127.0.0.1): [ERROR] unable to open SELI interface

Any ideas?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I suggest to learn from other thread -

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=71782&p=1(I don't know whythere isan extra space in URL, please use copying, editing instead of"click" directly - Sorry!)

Are you working on supported operation system? See release notes.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Or a supported processor? This error is usually the result on attempting to sample on an unsupported processor.
0 Kudos
gkorland
Beginner

I'm testing a white server of the new Westmere with RedHat.

Guy

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Guy:

We currently don't have public support for processors codenamed Westmere. The latest version supports the Corei7 processors. We are working on support and will post a new version once it is available.

0 Kudos