Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

What Does It Do?

eddixon
Beginner
Downloaded this some time ago, but really didnt see what it was supposed to do. Most previous performance tools eval your system and then make some recommendations on possible changes. Didnt see that here.

Ed
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Thomas_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - eddixon
Downloaded this some time ago, but really didnt see what it was supposed to do. Most previous performance tools eval your system and then make some recommendations on possible changes. Didnt see that here.

Ed

Ed,

Please correct me if I totally misunderstand you. You sound like you expected the Intel VTune Performance Analyzer to give you advice how to tuneyour system, e.g. by making changes to the registry, installing or deinstalling software, reordering drivers, and so on.

If this is the case, I am sorry to disappoint you. the Intel VTune Performance Analyzer is a software development tool. By this I mean that it is used by software developers to identify bottlenecks in their code. Unless you are compiling code yourself, VTune is most likely not what you are looking for.

Kind regards
Thomas
0 Kudos