Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Why are there no samples for MEM_LOAD_UOPS_LLC_HIT_RETIRED.XSNP_HITM?

Joe_Mario
Beginner

I have an application that creates lots of memory on two numa nodes, and then creates lots of threads that read and write that memory.  It's a test program designed to create false sharing on cache lines across numa nodes.

I'm trying to get VTune to report "Contested Accesses", but that column is always zero because the MEM_LOAD_UOPS_LLC_HIT_RETIRED.XSNP_* events are always zero.

My VTune version is "Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013".  I'm running on Linux (Red Hat RHEL 6.4). 

My hardware is Sandy Bridge  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 0 @ 2.00GHz

Is there something special I need to be doing in order to have VTune detect MEM_LOAD_UOPS_LLC_HIT_RETIRED.XSNP_* events ?

Thank you.

Joe

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee
Hello Joe, Probably your test application just runs for too short time, so no samples are gathered for that kind of events. Or maybe there is really not much contention? is it possible to attach your results folder to the forum post? Or even better provide me your test application? I'll make the thread private if you can attach these data.
0 Kudos