Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Worried: how to get the license for 30 days-free

sun_l_
New Contributor I

I regist from this page:

https://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/AutoGen.aspx?ProductID=1810&AccountID=&EmailID=&ProgramID=&RequestDt=&rm=EVAL&lang=&pass=yes

then I receive a email to tell me where to download it.

when i installed it, it ask me to  type the full path to my license file(s).

how to get the license for 30 days-free?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

There should be an option to install as evaluation instead of supplying a license.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi sun:

The email should have included an attachment, which is a license file.  Save the attachment to your system for reference during installation.

While there *is* a "30-day eval" option during install, there have been some recent reports of problems using the install in this mode.  As an alternative, please follow the instructions on this page to send the license file to yourself.  Then, save the email attachment to your system and reference it during installation via the "alternative method" option.

Also, please be aware that our email with the license may be blocked, either as spam or because it has an attachment. You may want to add 'intel.registration.center@intel.com' to your contacts list.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Besides comments from Tim & Mr.Anderson - you may use "serial number" of your product, sent in email after you applied evaluation license (assume that you have public internet access). 

0 Kudos
sun_l_
New Contributor I

MrAnderson (Intel) wrote:

Hi sun:

The email should have included an attachment, which is a license file.  Save the attachment to your system for reference during installation.

While there *is* a "30-day eval" option during install, there have been some recent reports of problems using the install in this mode.  As an alternative, please follow the instructions on this page to send the license file to yourself.  Then, save the email attachment to your system and reference it during installation via the "alternative method" option.

Also, please be aware that our email with the license may be blocked, either as spam or because it has an attachment. You may want to add 'intel.registration.center@intel.com' to your contacts list.

thanks for your reply. I applied it on the forum and hope to receive it soon.

1st method, I didn't receive an attachment.

2st method, Intel® Registration Center  ERROR when I register. 

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4ca16506gw1eqwt9f3339j20s510n45t.jpg

"ERROR This account does not exist" when I login with my forum account.

3st method, I applied it on the forum :)

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

"ERROR This account does not exist" when I login with my forum account.

You have no account in IRC, you need create an account first then register 30 days eval license of this product.

(In private message: you can send me your email address which will be used in IRC, and serial number of this product. I can help - if you like) 

0 Kudos
sun_l_
New Contributor I

I applied it on the forum. People in there ask me to regist. It's a loop.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Your registration occurs when you select an eval from here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-evaluation-center/

Your forum account is not the same as your registration center account.

0 Kudos
sun_l_
New Contributor I

Thanks all.

Solved.

I saw my forum profile, and use forum email reregist, then I can login in with my forum account.

I clicked "resend license file to my email", but I just receive an email without a attachment.

New create a file, copy the license from webpage, I active vtune.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I also sent you serial number via system, based on your email box which is used in Intel Register Center as your account.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

You should receive two emails which include attached eval licenses - I verified.

0 Kudos
sun_l_
New Contributor I

Peter Wang (Intel) wrote:

You should receive two emails which include attached eval licenses - I verified.

Thanks, I received licenses files, but didn't use it. I acived vtune with serial number. Thank you for your help :)

0 Kudos