Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

amplxe-cl can not stop

zhu__xuefeng
Beginner

hi,

I'm using vtune_amplifier_2019_update4 to perf my code. My command is

amplxe-cl -collect threading -run-pass-thru=--no-altstack -target-pid=108

here is the output

amplxe: Warning: Function '_PyEval_EvalFrameDefault' can be analyzed incorrectly because it uses indirect branch instructions.
amplxe: Collection started. To stop the collection, either press CTRL-C or enter from another console window: amplxe-cl -r /r000tr -command stop.
^Camplxe: Warning: Cannot stop posix timer: __NR_timer_settime() system call returned -1.
amplxe: Warning: Cannot stop posix timer: __NR_timer_settime() system call returned -1.

amplxe-cl can't stop by press CTRL-C or amplxe-cl -r /r001tr -command stop.

By the way,  'amplxe-cl -collect hotspots-run-pass-thru=--no-altstack -target-pid=108' can stop normally.

Is there any hint for me?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I remember there can be a problem if your code is in some instrumented function on the moment of detach, i.e. the tool can wait when you leave from the instrumented function to gracefully end its job. And if you don't leave such a function it won't end too.

But this is only an assumption what can happen in this situation. To give an exact answer we need to debug this. Is it possible to send us a reproducer?

BR,

Vladimir

0 Kudos