Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

amplxe-runss.exe has stopped working while performing quick hotspot analysis.

asitjain
Beginner
Hi experts.
I downloaded evaluation version of Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 today. I am trying to profile a native C++ application. Lightweight Hotspot analysis works fine, but when I try to perform an Hotspot analysis,amplxe-runss.exe has stopped working message pops-up. This happens both in stand-alone mode as well as from Visual Studio 2008.
The command line is :
amplxe-cl --collect lightweight-hotspots -follow-child -mrte-mode=auto -target-duration-type=short -no-allow-multiple-runs -no-analyze-system -data-limit=100 -slowGoodFrameThreshold=40 -goodFastFrameThreshold=100 --search-dir "sym:p=c:/New Work/UltimatePlayer HD/Release" --search-dir "sym=C:/New Work/UltimatePlayer HD" --search-dir "sym=c:/new work/symbols" --search-dir "sym=c:/new work/symbols/singlepdbs" --search-dir "sym=srv*c:/new work/symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols" --search-dir "sym=C:/New Work/UltimatePlayer HD/UltimatePlayer/r)atlmfc/src/mfcm" --search-dir "sym=C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/atlmfc/src/atl" --search-dir "sym=c:/new work/symbols/microsoftpublicsymbols" --start-paused -- "c:\\New Work\\UltimatePlayer HD\\Release\\PlayOneHD.exe"
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Eric_M_Intel2
Employee
Hello.

I see nothing wrong with your command line. - although the ---start-paused parameter seems interesting? why do you want to do that? Do you later -click "Resume" - after the application launched

You indicate that a Message Pops-up - can you capture the text of that message and send it to us?

Regards,
Eric M
0 Kudos
asitjain
Beginner
Thanks Eric for your reply.

I want the start-paused, as when the application starts, it does wait for 10 seconds before it starts the processing. But, theamplxe-runss.exe also crashes with normal start. Here are screen captures of the stages :
Please find the dump files attached as zip.
0 Kudos
Eric_M_Intel2
Employee
Is it possible for you to attach the runnable binary and the symbols - for us to reproduce here?

Regards,
Eric M
0 Kudos
asitjain
Beginner
Dear Eric,
The application will not work at your end as it communicates with some in-house developed hardware over USB. Is there anything else I can do?
BTW, The sample Find_Hotspots that came with the VTune Amplifier XE 2011 works as advertised.
0 Kudos
Eric_M_Intel2
Employee

I am taking the rest of this conversation private while we do detailed debugging.

Regards,
Eric M

0 Kudos
Eric_M_Intel2
Employee
Thank you for reporting this issue. I am glad we found a workaround for you, a full fix will be scheduled for a future product update.

Regards,
Eric M
0 Kudos