Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

error while reporting

Surya_Narayanan_N_

I get the following error, when i generate report for some of my configurations. Can you please help me sorting this out?

amplxe: Executing actions 14 % Loading data files                              

amplxe: Warning: Cannot load data file `/home/snataraj/test/threads/bfs/bw128/data.0/tbs1818746128.tb6' (tb6 trace file is corrupted!).
amplxe: Executing actions 50 % done                                            
amplxe: Error: Error 0x4000001e (Cannot load raw collector data)
amplxe: Using result path `/home/snataraj/test/threads/bfs/bw128'
amplxe: Executing actions  0 %                                                 
amplxe: Warning: The result contains a lot of raw data. Finalization may take a long time to complete.
amplxe: Executing actions 14 % Loading data files                              
amplxe: Warning: Cannot load data file `/home/snataraj/test/threads/bfs/bw128/data.0/tbs1818746128.tb6' (tb6 trace file is corrupted!).
amplxe: Executing actions 50 % done                                            
amplxe: Error: Error 0x4000001e (Cannot load raw collector data)

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

This is a very interesting issue.

1. Are you sure that your user account has permission to create result directory, /home/snataraj/test/threads/bfs/bw128 ?

2. It seemed that collection duration is long, do you have any problem to run collection shortly? Specify "-duration 60" for example.

3. Do you have any problem to collect with other simple application? For example, "amplxe-cl -collect advanced-hotspots -r /home/snataraj/test/threads/bfs/bw128 -- /bin/ls"

Regards, Peter 

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

If collector was not exited abnormally (killed by user, ctrl-C is allowed), Verify if tb6 file is corrupted, use Finalizing:

amplxe-cl -finalize -r  /home/snataraj/test/threads/bfs/bw128 

0 Kudos
Surya_Narayanan_N_

I also have the below mentioned problem while collecting. Can you help me out with this?

PARSEC Benchmark Suite Version 3.0-beta-20130728
read 65536 points
ERROR Reading data from socket: Connection reset by peer
ERROR reading read_record header size 1 from socket: Connection reset by peer
ERROR reading read_record header size 2 from socket: Connection reset by peer
scif_send failed with err -1
scif_recv failed with err -1
ERROR writing data to socket: Connection reset by peer

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Did you mean above error message was generated by program itself? If program worked without VTune, it ran smoothly? 

It seemed that was due to data send/receive time-out, my opinion is to use PMU event-based sampling instead of user-mode sampling to reduce overhead, and note not to enable call stack collection which might add overheads. Another way is to enlarge SAV value, to reduce sample counts.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

@Surya

Are you collecting data over network?

0 Kudos
Surya_Narayanan_N_

I log into the network...i,e the xeon host...then I use the vtune which is in host and launch my collect from the host...where the script runs the natie application in phi.

amplxe-cl -collect-with runsa-knc -knob event-config=CPU_CLK_UNHALTED:sa=100000,HWP_L2MISS:sa=100000 -- ssh mic0 "script.sh"

0 Kudos
Surya_Narayanan_N_

It works but is uncertain...at times i get this error for certain configurations and am not sure for which ones.

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

I would like to advise you to use wireshark to monitor connection between host  and Phi coprocessor(if I understood your description correctly).

0 Kudos