Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

how to launch Intel thread check on Linux?

softarts
Beginner
quite confused,
the docsaid "...If you wish to collect data on a Linux* system, click the Remote... button to launch the Remote_Host_Configuration_Dialog_Box and configure remote collection. " why?

I have installed vtune & icc on Linux(vtune installed firstly), but there is no itc wazard in vtune GUI, I remember the itc wizard was intergrated into vtune in windows version before.

I also started the itcserver,but necessary to do this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_T_Intel
Quoting - softarts
quite confused,
the docsaid "...If you wish to collect data on a Linux* system, click the Remote... button to launch the Remote_Host_Configuration_Dialog_Box and configure remote collection. " why?

I have installed vtune & icc on Linux(vtune installed firstly), but there is no itc wazard in vtune GUI, I remember the itc wizard was intergrated into vtune in windows version before.

I also started the itcserver,but necessary to do this?

This is because there is no GUI for Thread Checker on Linux. You can runTCeither remotely from the host machine (need to run itcserver on the target machine) or from the command line on the target machine.
0 Kudos