Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

ivytown.dll needed for Xeon E5-2670 v2

Jim_T_
Beginner

I have VTune for Windows  Update 13 (Build 313935).  When I try to run System Profiling: General Exploration  I get the error:

Error: Unable to open shared library ivytown.dll

Is there an availabel ivaytown.dll I can download?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jim_T_
Beginner

The target OS is Windows Server 2012 x64.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Jim:

Processors codenamed Ivy Town are not officially supported by VTune Amplifier XE 2013, Update 13.  They only recently became available publicly and we are working on adding support into an official, public release of the VTune Amplifier XE.  We expect to post a new release shortly.  Watch for the announcement of an available update in your email (emails are sent to whoever registered the software) and check the "What's New?" section of the Release Notes to verify that support was added in update.

0 Kudos
Jim_T_
Beginner

Any chance I could get a Beta copy?

I have a hot probem and it woudl really help.  If it doesn't work for my siutuation - no complaints will be made.

Thanks,  Jim

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Unfortunately, it is not simply a matter of one dll.  The entire package must be updated.  There are many aspects that are impacted by support for a new processor.  Please see my private message to you and we will see what we can work out.

0 Kudos