Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

missing libs when running system_analyzer

BenKo
Beginner

system_analyzer seems like an interesting tool to try (introduced in 2019 u2, i'm using 2019 u3)

however i'm getting error when trying to run it on CentOS 7

ldd /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier/system_analyzer/target/gpa_router
/opt/intel/vtune_amplifier/system_analyzer/target/gpa_router: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier/system_analyzer/target/gpa_router)
/opt/intel/vtune_amplifier/system_analyzer/target/gpa_router: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier/system_analyzer/target/gpa_router)
/opt/intel/vtune_amplifier/system_analyzer/target/gpa_router: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier/system_analyzer/target/gpa_router)
/opt/intel/vtune_amplifier/system_analyzer/target/gpa_router: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier/system_analyzer/target/gpa_router)

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stas-Neverov-Intel

Hi BenKo,

System Analyzer is part of the Intel Graphics Performance Analyzers (GPA). System requirements for GPA could be found here - https://software.intel.com/en-us/gpa/documentation/specifications. The only Linux distro officially supported is Ubuntu 16+.

-Stas

0 Kudos
BenKo
Beginner

Hi Stas,

Thank you. Based on the error I suspected the release might be trageting Ubuntu.

My interest has been prompted by this page

https://software.intel.com/en-us/vtune-amplifier-cookbook-real-time-monitoring-with-system-analyzer

which introduces System Analyzer as a preview feature of VTune (it also mentions it is part of the Intel Graphics Performance Analyzers).

The recipe describes how the System Analyzer can be used to monitor a target system in real-time to identify whether it is CPU, GPU, memory, disk, or network bound. It talks about Linux and never mentions Ubuntu apart from See Also.

Perhaps the recipe needs an addentum.

0 Kudos
Elena_F_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the feedback. The Cookbook article is updated.

0 Kudos