Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

no call stack

OCTA
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to run a hotspot analysis on Ubuntu and I see no callstack info. I'm getting few warnings after data is collected. Screenshots attached...

Anything I'm doing wrong here? Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Octavian,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please share more details about the type of application[eg: Python/cpp] that you are analyzing.If it's a C++ code, use the flag -g while compiling your application so that it will build the application with the debug information. Please refer to the below link for more information about enabling Linux kernel analysis.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-help/top/set-up-analysis-target/linux-targets/enabling-linux-kernel-analysis.html

Also, try to run vtune self checker script which is available in vtune installed directory. This script is to validate whether the appropriate drivers are installed and system is set up properly to collect performance data.You can find vtune-self-checker.sh script in <vtune-install-dir>/bin64. Please share the log file obtained after running self checker script with us.

0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi

It looks like you are trying Hardware event based sampling.If it is, can you please confirm that you have enabled the collect stack option.Only user-mode sampling collects stacks by default.In H/W event based sampling you have to explicitly check that option.

Raeesa

RaeesaM_Intel

Hi Octavian,

Could you please let us know if your issue still persists.If it is resolved, please do let us know if we can close this thread.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi Octavian,

We haven't heard back anything from you. So, we are closing this case assuming that your issue is resolved . Please feel free to raise a new thread if you have any further issues.

Thank you

Raeesa

0 Kudos