Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

not able to connect to license server

Eric
Beginner

Hello,

I've purchased a floating license for VTune and I registered 3 machines as license server.

I installed VTune and license Manager on the same machine which is theone of 3 machines. but when I new a project it will pop up "not able to connect to license server".

I tried one machine is installed vtune and one installed license server(which one in the license file list).I turned off windows firewall, the problem is also here. I do notknow why? can you pleasetell me how to fix it?

I found when I lanuched the Vtune and New a project, Vtune will send Netbios requset(3 license machines ) to local network, but when one of the machine response, Vtune didnothing, also pop up notable to connect.

Thank you an advance for your help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It seems there are three servers, you need to install license manager on all these servers.

You may submit an issue to https://premier.intel.com, and provide installation log files from server machines (/var/log/vtune_install.log) for further investigating.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
Eric
Beginner
I update the license file, just set one server, it can be work now.
Thanks

0 Kudos